What do I pick first? Massage therapy or the Chiropractor?
Massage therapy has been known to provide many health benefits to the human body and its overall well-being. At Koru Chiropractic corrective care and wellness we have many services to help find the problem, create a plan and resolve it. The many benefits of massage therapy can help you heal from years of pain and give you a better outlook on the future of your body and mind.
Reasons to choose massage therapy:
- Boosts your immune system: Eliminating waste and toxins from your body by stimulating the the lymphatic system. By improving your lymph flow you are helping boost your immune system which protects you from getting sick and staying healthier.
- Reduces pain: Massage therapy helps with reducing your muscular tension, inflammation, and it increases your circulation. These all can help with pain reduction. In massage therapy there are various techniques such as deep tissue massage, trigger point therapy, and myofascial release that helps release pain.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety: Your serotonin and oxytocin levels are elevated which promotes a sense of calmness and relaxation. This is occurs because massage therapy has the power to lower your cortisol levels in your body, which is also know as the stress hormone.
- Increases range of motion: Mobility can be restricted when your muscles are tight and sore but this can help loosen things up and restore your full range of motion. Massage therapy can also help with reduced risk of future injuries by having more flexibility and better performance.
- Promotes healing: Massage therapy improves circulation and flushes out toxins which can significantly improve your body’s ability to repair and heal damaged tissues. Massage can also help circulate more oxygen and nutrients to the tissues resulting is faster recovery times.
Do you need massage therapy before your chiropractic appointment?
There are differences in both that would be helpful to do massage therapy first since it can have a profound effect on the muscles and soft tissues of the spine. Then going to your chiropractor that will help you to treat the misaligned spinal joints and nerves to allow for optimal function. You can do both separately but full the best results we recommend both techniques for a well balanced life.
There are many different types of massage therapy, each with its own techniques and benefits. Here are some that we offer at Koru Chiropractic Corrective Care and Wellness.
- Thai massage with Kat
- Tiana specializes in deep tissue, relaxation, lymphatic massage and sports massage.
- Physical therapy with Mary
- Fascial stretch therapy and LOKTE/FST with Michelle
- Expanded health services with Kristen
For more information: